Coromandel Day Tour with Lunch from Auckland
The amazing Coromandel Peninsula landscape consists of a mountainous, forest-covered backbone, with the Pacific Ocean on the east and the sheltered bays and coves of the Hauraki Gulf on the west. Spend the day in this unique area steeped in history associated with kauri logging, gold mining and stunning coastlines.
A 90 minute drive southeast of Auckland is Coromandel’s main town, Thames, where you take a short break. Then the spectacular western coast road leads you to Coromandel township where renowned New Zealand potter, Barry Brickell has his studio. Ride his own designed and built mountain railway system on a memorable journey through the rugged landscape. Your next stop is for a quiet stroll in the pristine forest to view some of the magnificent kauri trees which once covered the Coromandel Peninsula. The journey continues across the mountain divide and descends towards the east coast beaches where you stop for lunch. Visit Hot Water Beach with its hot spring in the middle of the beach. Take a dip if you wish!
A short drive away is Cathedral Cove, where the Pacific Ocean washes through a natural arch onto a white sandy beach backed by white cliffs. There is a half hour downhill walk to the beach from here which means the walk back is uphill. A moderate walking ability is required.
Cathedral Cove walk subject to guide discretion.
Rates - including tax
Tour / Activity Details
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Tour requires a minimum of 2 persons to operate; if this minimum is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives. Tour includes Auckland inner city pick up. Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
COVID-19 Protocols Updates
- The New Zealand government has outlined a five-step Covid reopening plan. The border is now open to New Zealand citizens coming from anywhere in the world. By May 1, 2022, fully vaccinated people from Australia or visa waiver countries - including the United Kingdom, the United States and many European nations -- will be able to enter New Zealand and self-test on arrival. By October 2022, all visa categories will reopen, including visitor visas.
- Vehicles are not filled beyond 75% capacity (unless it is for one private "travel bubble")
- All touch surfaces are disinfected daily
- Air-conditioning filters are sprayed with disinfectant regularly
- Masks and Hand Sanitizer available in every vehicle
- Each vehicle has a unique QR code for track and tracing if required
- All staff are fully vaccinated against Covid
- Any staff displaying any symptoms remain at home until they are clear of symptoms and have a negative Rapid Antigen Test
Please Note: This tour requires a minimum of 2 persons to operate. If the minimum number of persons is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives.
- Driving Creek Railway
- Kauri trees
- Lunch from local cafe
- Hot Water Beach (access to Hot Water Beach is tide dependent)
- Cathedral Cove (moderate level of walking ability required)
- Pick-up and drop-off at inner city accommodation
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to bring? -- Comfortable walking shoes with good grip, suitable outdoor clothing.
What if it rains? -- The tour is wonderful in any weather conditions. Raincoats will be provided if necessary.
How much walking do we do? -- Tours are tailored to suit the abilities of the passengers on the day. The trip is split up into sections so there is time to relax and rest.
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Tour includes Auckland inner city pick-up. Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
- Comparative selection of tours and activities from the largest independent booking service.
- This web site provides a booking service for a variety of shows, tours, and activities and is not connected with or sponsored by any of the venues, teams, performers, events, or organizations unless this web site expressly indicates that it or Alcatraz Media Inc. is an official partner. All trademarks and photo copyrights are the property of their respective owners. Images on this website are for factual depiction only. This web site and Alcatraz Media Inc. may have no affiliation with persons or organizations where images appear.
- Choose from a Wide Variety of Tours & Activities: Compare All Available, and Make Your Choices
- We provide the ability for you to review a comparative selection of tours and activities. Click on the "Tours" button on the toolbar, and you can compare everything we offer in this area. The Reserve123 Network offers the largest independent booking service in the world with 10,000 tours and activities worldwide.